What We Do
Assateague Coastal Trust works to protect and enhance the natural resources of the Atlantic Coastal Bays watershed through advocacy, conservation and education.
The Delmarva coastal area is a fragile, constantly changing ecosystem. Maintaining the health of this ecosystem is critical to preserving the way of life that is unique to the shore.
ACT is committed to protecting our watershed to ensure clean waterways for humans and wildlife, quality of public health and sustainable economic growth now and for future generations.
- Our Coastal Bays - A map showing the Coastal Watershed and surrounding bodies of water that ACT is committed to protecting.
- CoastKeeper - Our advocate that oversees and enforces protecting the bodies of water in our Coastal Watershed.
- Offshore Drilling / Airgun Surveys - A campaign dedicated to opposing offshore drilling along the Atlantic Coast.
- Coast Kids - Webpages dedicated to our younger environmental stewards.
- Berlin Edible Forest Garden - A project being implemented by ACT in partnership with the Town of Berlin, Delaware Permaculture, and Stephen Decatur Middle School, all working to design and build an edible forest garden in Stephen Decatur Park in Berlin, Maryland.
- Get The Dirt Out - A project being implemented by local Waterkeeper programs across the Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays watersheds to protect our waterways from damage caused by sediment-laden runoff from construction sites and land development.
- Water Quality - A variety of water quality reports about our Coastal Bays watershed.
- Report A Problem - Who to contact with a water pollution, construction site problem or a stranded marine mammal.
Copyright 2017, Assateague Coastal Trust
This website and its content is copyright of Assateague Coastal Trust. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following: (1) you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only, (2) you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.